Many folks dream of starting a vacation rental business. Throughout their adult lives, they've been told they are great hosts, and there might come a time when they want to cash in on their hospitality (if we're allowed to say something like that). And that is great, by the way. If you are one of those people, you might be wondering what an essential vacation rental inventory and amenities checklist consists of. Our job here is to give you an answer to that question. Grab a drink, get comfortable and scroll down.
A cozy living room atmosphere
Imagine you've rented a house on the beach for the next week or so. The whole place seems perfect from a distance. You can't wait to get there. Finally, you reach the front door, and the host lets you in. All the excitement you've felt walking towards your beach vacation house leaves your body. The host gives you the keys and leaves. You can now share your opinion out loud: the place is empty of life, just look at these walls... To avoid this scenario happening to your guests, let's give you a few tips on how to spice up your living room space. Don't forget to organize a quality photoshoot once you're done decorating!
Get some cool artwork (and other things)
Nothing will give more life to your living room space than cool pieces of artwork (they even don't have to be expensive). Take some tips from your artsy friends or choose something of your own taste. Anyway, the point is to select artworks in warm, relaxing colors and avoid empty walls silently waiting for your guests to judge them. Now here are some other things your living room inventory should include:
- Smart TV and WiFi - this probably goes without saying.
- Window coverings - your guests might need some privacy.
- Cozy couch - an essential part of the cozy living room.
- An eye-relaxing area rug - so that it ties the room together.
- Quality speakers - to provoke some good vibes among your guests.
- A personal library - your guests will appreciate this feature.
- Plants - green rests the eyes, don't you know?
We've left the living room. Now we're in the kitchen. What are the essentials here?
- Coffee maker - this also probably goes without saying.
- Sharp knives - there's a saying that a good restaurant owes its reputation mostly to sharp knives.
- Toaster, microwave, and blender - the Holy Trinity.
- Spoons, forks, and so on - make sure you have enough. Obtaining more cannot hurt.
- Sturdy kitchen table - a good kitchen table never hurt anybody (that might be untrue).
- A pancake spatula or pizza-cutter - adding a special item like this to the kitchen inventory will put a smile on the face of many guests.
- A frying pan and other cooking essentials - for all the potential cooks out there.
- Salt and pepper and... - a basic set of spices should be enough, but something exotic will really spice things up. Are we the masters of wordplay or what?
There are probably more things we've unintentionally left out, but these are the essentials. Make sure the kitchen is always tidy and cleans, as most guests would hate it if they were to find a greasy frying pan or something similar. You want to attract the right kind of people!
Bonus tip: How to transport your essential vacation rental inventory?
Let's say you haven't got a clue how to transport your essential vacation rental inventory. Your belongings might need to travel a long distance before they reach their destination. Hiring professionals movers to handle the task is something that is recommended. You can't go wrong if you decide to choose this option. It will save you time and nerves you could very well say goodbye to by going DIY.
Bedroom and bathroom must-haves
Some would say these are the most important rooms of your vacation rental property. There are really no strong arguments against that.
Essential bedroom inventory
So, here's what you'll need:
- A double bed with a cozy mattress and two pillows - a necessity if there ever was one.
- Soft sheets - no one likes the alternative, especially when they're on vacation.
- A nightstand with a lamp - for people to enjoy your library before bedtime.
- Hooks and hangers - lots of them.
- Bathrobes - for extra pleasure.
Essential bathroom inventory
Here's a list of all the bathroom items your guests will appreciate finding in your vacation property:
- Bath towels - make sure they're new.
- A big toilet paper package - it's good to feel insured.
- Laundry basket - so your guests feel at home.
- Hairdryer - so your guests don't leave the house with wet hair and potentially ruin their vacation.
- Hand soap and sanitizer - especially important nowadays.
- Garbage can - equally important as everything above.
A quick goodbye
That's all, folks! We hope you liked our essential vacation rental inventory and amenities checklist. By obtaining all the items we've mentioned above, you'll become the professional host you deserve to be. You'll see how your guests react to your thoughtfulness. They're bound to be pretty happy if you ask us. Also, they'll help spread the word about your rental property!
Meta description: Wondering how to equip your rental? Here is an essential vacation rental inventory and amenities checklist that should help you.